31 May 2009

Moving

I'm moving. Not far, but you know, you don't need to move far to have to pack up all of your things and clean out your cupboards. And cleaning out my cupboards is where I came across a realization. I have erratic eating tendencies. I will get SO EXCITED about something, something food related, and then be OVER IT. Immediately. Also, sometimes I make bad choices. So, in the graveyard that is my cupboard, a review of what I found:

-not one, not two, not three, but four half eaten Milton's crackers boxes
-two nearly full boxes of whole wheat pasta boxes (GROSS)
-seven tiny bags of grains (arborio rice, brown rice, buckwheat, toasted buckwheat, couscous, quinoa, and 10 grain cereal) (I try to hard)
-sesame seeds (seemingly normal, but I bought them when we moved in to our place a year ago, and they are still unopened... and I packed them to bring to our next place- hey, you never know)
-three bottles of rancid oil (one vegetable, one oil, one sesame)
-two dried packets of macaroni and cheese cheese- leftover from homemade macaroni and cheese night, for super macaroni and cheese, someday in the future
-cardamom- a seasoning we bought for reasons I can't remember
-Molly McButter- It's not mine, I swear! I brought it home as a joke for Joe, who actually loves it
-two two gallon ziplock baggies of beer bottle caps for a craft project to be determined in the distant future
-three free cat food samples, thanks Kelly!
-powdered miso soup packets, from before I discovered the real stuff
-a bag of the best tortilla chips ever- so good, in fact, that I didn't want to waste eating them without guacamole. Guacamole that I never made.
-two nearly empty bags of parmesan goldfish crackers. Why, oh why, didn't I eat the last seven crackers? Who saves seven goldfish crackers?
-two containers of baking soda AND two containers of baking powder


For tonight, a frozen pizza. Pre-sliced (an accident, actually, but great since I already packed all kitchen appliances).

No comments:

Post a Comment