17 May 2009

voodoo magic

Today I practiced voodoo magic. Ok, not really. But when you go to a weird hippie school that practices some strange homeopathic remedies, people assume everything you do is voodoo. When really, only some of the things I do are voodoo, and not the ones you'd expect. Moving on...

This morning Joe was coughing and I thought, "this is it! my excuse!" For what you ask? To use the mystery powers of garlic to prevent sickness. Yes garlic! Last week on Tuesday we learned all about the mystical nature of garlic and how if you are getting sick, you have nothing to lose from eating a few cloves of garlic. The enchanted little globes let loose a barrage of newts eyes and salamander tails and they fight and fight and fight all of the evil beings in your body and you get well. Or something. Whatever it is, garlic something awesome. It is antibiotic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory. And hopefully, it will save me from the mild cough Joe had this morning.

My favorite part of this potion (garlic) is that to prepare it you use... THE MICROWAVE. So, to prepare this nectar of the gods simply peel the garlic, stab it with a fork and nuke it for 20 seconds. Then eat. I spread it on toasted homemade bread with a bit of butter. Just like the witches of yesteryear.

No comments:

Post a Comment